Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mother Goose




No, this is not a Fairytail, but a story about a family of Canadian Geese that have established a home in the shopping center where I work.


Last year:

I’ll never forget last summer just as I arrived at work, I spotted Mom, Dad, and two baby geese taking a stroll through the parking lot, heading towards Longhorn Steakhouse. A very strange sight to see, wishing that I had a camera to take a photo.


This year:

Just a few months ago I again spotted a male goose taking a stroll through the parking lot, knowing the the female must be close by, probably sitting on a nest of eggs, and hoping the baby geese would be hatching soon.


About a week later, I again spotted the new happy family by the holding pond in the early morning hours, Mom, Dad and babies. What fun it has been watching them grow day by day.


They are often spotted by the pond, on the grass by the furniture store nibbling on the clover, or under a tree taking a nap, or visiting the Emission Station Business where fresh water and food are provided for them every morning by the caring employees.


What fun it has been to watch Mother Goose and her family, and her loyal protector, father to the two darling babies. Hope I’ll have the pleasure to watch nature in action again next summer.


No comments: